An aerial lift is a necessary piece of equipment for many businesses. While these types of machinery make jobs easier, they can also present safety problems. This course explores a wide variety of lifting and hoisting machinery, teaching your employees how to stay safe on the job.
Our Aerial Lift training online provides better cost savings and more flexibility than in-class training.Whether your business and its employees utilize aerial lifts, self propelled elevated work platforms, or scissor lifts, or self propelled boom supported elevated work platforms, also known as a genie boom, the right training can save lives, increase work-related productivity, reduce the number of accidents, and lower the risk of expensive liability for your business. In just 75 minutes, your employees can learn how to perform an adequate pre-operational check, how to implement fall protection strategies, and how to safely operate an aerial lift, elevating work platforms, or self propelled boom supported elevated work platforms. While this course is known simply as the Aerial Lift Training Program, it is actually a comprehensive evaluation of many different hoisting mechanisms.
Here’s what you can expect to learn with this training:
- Hazard Identification
- Aerial Lift Devices and Operating Controls
- Pre-Operational Check for Aerial Lift Devices
- Platform Positioning and Park Positioning
Who Needs Aerial Lift Learning?
There are many different types of employees who can benefit from this training. Individuals required to operate aerial lift machinery such as a mobile crane or other lifting device, supervisors of workers who use elevating work platforms, and Health and Safety committee members or representatives in charge of inspecting these devices should all be required to take this comprehensive and engaging online learning course.
Please note: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate will be generated and will require a signature by a competent person verifying the hands-on practical evaluation. This evaluation must be performed at the workplace of the person requiring certification.BUY Aerial Lift
- Decals, stickers, capacity limits for aerial lifts
- Electrocution hazard, earthing, wind, tip over, tilt alarm
- Pushing and pulling, fall hazards equipment condition
- Collision, fire, explosion, battery, propane (LPG), frost
Aerial Lift Devices and Operating Controls
- Self propelled elevated work platforms, scissor lift, genie, zoom boom
- On slab and off slab scissor
- Telescoping unit, boom and telescoping articulating boom
- Ground control panel, platform, turntable rotate, boom extend / retract Jib & secondary boom, platform level, emergency stop, engine high idle
Pre Operational Checks for Aerial Lift Devices
- Visual & practical inspections of aerial lifts
- Electrical, hydraulic, tires, nuts, bolts, rails & chains, limit switches, safety arm, pothole protectors, scissor pins, joystick, steering, driving, braking, tilt sensor, battery, auxiliary power, limit switch
- Check sheet & record keeping
Platform Positioning & Park Positioning
- Park position, parking hazards (holes, pipes, power-lines, wind & weather, drop offs, bumps, cracks
- Testing park position & turning off safely